Marburg Anglican Church Cemetery was established in 1892 and is the final resting place of many of the early settlers of the Marburg District. The Cemetery is located on the Warrego Highway, Marburg, at the corner of Seminary Road which leads to the Historic “Woodlands” Mansion, then home of Thomas Lorimer Smith and his family, the original settler of the Marburg area. Lorimer Smith and many of his family are buried in the Cemetery.
Some years ago the Rosewood Anglican Parish successfully sought funding under a Queensland Government Heritage Programme to repair a number of significant heritage graves in the Cemetery. Over the years, some graves had become damaged due to subsidence. Some headstones had toppled, others were unsafe.
The Cemetery continues to be a functioning Cemetery with facilities for burials and interment of ashes. The Parish Sexton oversees the maintenance of the Cemetery.
Enquiries should be directed to the Parish Office telephone (07) 5464 2797.